Did you know that – since 2009 – the Micronics Engineered Filtration Group is a North and South American distributor of the LASTA MC filter press, manufactured by Ishigaki? “MC” stands for mineral concentrate and the LASTA MC is a high capacity, fully automatic, horizontal filter press that is reliable, very durable, and well suited to harsh, extreme operating environments that demand efficient 24/7 operation.
Filter Press Solutions for Dewatering Mine Tailings and Mineral Concentrates
Home > Filter Press Solutions for Dewatering Mine Tailings and Mineral Concentrates
Leading applications for the LASTA MC include:
- Dewatering mine tailings
- Dewatering mineral concentrates such as copper, zinc, nickel and iron and leaching high-value precious metals such as gold, silver and platinum
One of the hallmarks of the LASTA MC Filter Press and a feature that comes up frequently in Micronics discussions with mining industry personnel is its notably short cycle time. This translates into increased operational efficiency and higher daily filtration tonnage, important CTQs for mining operations we regularly work with.
The LASTA MC features a unique plate closing and opening time of only four minutes. The filter press design has all the filter plates simultaneously opening and then simultaneously closing for optimal efficiency and productivity.
You want drier cakes? The LASTA MC is designed to consistently deliver filter cake with low moisture content. Typical target performance includes dewatering tailings to 14% cake moisture and mineral concentrates to only 8% cake moisture.
In addition, cake discharge is fully automatic and rapid, taking less than a minute.
Micronics offers a full range of filter press solutions tailored for the mining industry from medium to high capacity Micronics brand filter presses – with features such as automatic cloth washing and fully automatic hydraulic shifter systems and “Bomb Bay” drip trays – to the very high capacity LASTA MC filter presses. We also offer industry-leading mining filter cloth that delivers performance advantages around cake moisture and cake release, working in tandem with our filter presses to achieve optimal filtration results.
Plus, as you probably already know, Micronics excels in the repair and refurbishment of all brands and makes of filter presses to save you time and money. We also offer excellent process optimization assistance and on-site filtration services such as onsite pilot and slurry testing.
The bottom line is that we care about your bottom line. We have a proven track record of helping our customers improve operating efficiencies, reduce costs, and demonstrate ROI.
You can depend on the Micronics Engineered Filtration Group’s expertise and deep technical knowledge in the mining and mineral processing industry – and many other demanding industries – including chemical manufacturing; pigments and dyes; food and beverage; steel and iron processing; aggregates, cement and asphalt; pharmaceutical; and water/wastewater treatment, to name a few.
Contact us to learn more about our filter press and cloth solutions or to request a filter press quote for meeting your needs for dewatering mine tailings, mineral concentrates, or the Merrill Crowe process for gold mines.
- March Maintenance Tip Of The Month: Inspect Your Press’s Limit And Proximity Switches – And All Electronic Switches – Regularly For Ensuring Optimal Filter Press Up-Time
- The Micronics Engineered Filtration Group Launches New Website
- February Maintenance Tip of the Month: Ensure the Quality of Your Filter Press’ Air Supply for Optimal Press and Component Performance
- January Maintenance Tip of the Month: Maintain Good Housekeeping Practices and Perform Regularly Scheduled Cleaning for the Superb Performance of Your Filter Press
- Leadership Perspectives – Chris Cummins, CEO, December 2020
- Filter Press Retrofits and Parts for Filter Presses from All OEM Manufacturers
- December Monthly Maintenance Tip: Perform Checks of Safety Equipment, Hydraulic Fluids and Cloth Daily
Contact Our Experts
Micronics Is Your Trusted Partner for Total Engineered Filtration Solutions. We offer end-to-end solutions from Filter Media to Industry-Leading Equipment to Spare Parts & Accessories to On-Site and Remote Services. Whether for Your Filter Press operation or your Baghouse, you can count on Micronics’ deep industry and applications knowledge for the right engineered filtration solution to meet your needs. We look forward to working with your team.