When it comes to efficient, trouble-free dewatering operations, the details matter from the right filter cloth to the right filter plates to the press itself to your preventative maintenance schedule.
Micronics offers you a comprehensive range of filter plate types – both standard, stock plates and special, custom designs – and the expertise to help you choose what is right for your system. Some plate options include:
- Recessed Chamber – CGR – Caulked and gasketed. Read our recent blog post here to learn about some of the many benefits of CGR plates.
- Recessed – Non-Gasketed
- Center feed, corner feed, top center feed, bottom center feed, and even external feed designs.
- Plates accepting “Clip-neck” Filter Cloth. Filter plates designed to accept Micronics-designed “clip-neck” filter cloth have become an industry standard, when cake washing and easy filter cloth change-out are particularly important.
- Membrane squeeze (Diaphragm) Filter Plates, including both fixed and replaceable membrane. Learn more about membrane filter plate advantages here.
- Companion recessed, non-membrane Plates (which “mate” with membrane plates for mixed-packs)
- Vacuum Membrane Filter Plates for achieving drier cakes.
- “Plate and Frame” filter plates. This older-style plate design is still used in various polishing applications where filtration area is more important than volume. While they are non-gasketed and prone to wicking, an advantage of this older design is that different frame thicknesses can be used for different cake thicknesses.
- Steel, Steam-jacketed Plates for temperature-controlled filtration for applications including high-viscosity oils, waxes, etc.
Polypropylene, Kynar® (PVDF), and Nylon filter plates
- Cast Iron, Stainless Steel, and Aluminum filter plates
Micronics offers both standard and special, custom machined and manufactured filter plate designs, tailored to your market/application. Polypropylene recessed, CGR, membrane, replaceable membrane, and “Plate & Frame” designs are the most common types of filter plates. Plates constructed from PVC, Kynar® (PVDF) and nylon are typically custom designs as are aluminum and steel, steam-jacketed plates. We don’t shy away from “complicated” plate requirements.
Details matter. Our sales and applications engineering expertise to ensure the right filter cloth/filter plate combination is paramount. We take into consideration a host of factors including whether you are combatting abrasive conditions, need chemical/corrosion-resistant plates, require plates robust enough to handle high-volume slurries, or are trying to improve cake dryness and washing efficiency.
Even if your filter press is quite old or it is not made in the U.S., there is no need for concern. Micronics has a wide selection of OEM replacement plates for any brand, style, or “make” of filter press equipment.
Contact us for assistance with your replacement filter plate needs. Micronics has the high degree of expertise needed to help you with the correct filter plates for your application and set of operating conditions.