CGR has become common lingo in the filter press world. The term “CGR” refers to a caulked, gasketed, and recessed filter plate. In contrast “NG” refers to a non-gasketed filter plate.
What Are the Benefits of a CGR vs. Non CGR Filter Plate For Dewatering Operations?
Home > What Are the Benefits of a CGR vs. Non CGR Filter Plate For Dewatering Operations?
There are a number of key advantages in using a CGR filter plate:
- Excellent sealing to allow for a virtually leak-free operation
- Made of polypropylene which offers excellent chemical/corrosion resistance, resistance to high temperatures, and ability to handle high pressure and flow
- Has a special pipped surface to protect the filter cloth and ensure excellent filtration
- Long life
As shown here, the CGR filter cloth is shaped like an octagon and is caulked into a groove located around the outer edge of the plate recess. We offer CGR filter cloths to fit a variety of plate sizes from 470 mm to 1500 mm. Markets for CGR cloth/plates include chemical manufacturing, mining, industrial, municipal waste, and food & beverage. Micronics offers latex sealing as a finishing option to further ensure leak-free operations, particularly with larger plates, 1000 mmm and larger.
Though non-gasketed cloth is probably faster and somewhat simpler to install on the non-gasketed plates, use of the CGR allows for a virtually leak-free operation with no dripping, thus contributing to drier cakes. With a CGR plate, the plate seals against the next plate, creating a seal that prevents any wicking.
CGR filter cloth is installed in grooves within the plate. Groove widths are typically between 1/4” and 3/8” wide. Groves containing an O-Ring around the sealing edge and filtrate holes form a tight seal when the plate pack is closed.
Micronics offers assistance with CGR cloth installation and using the recommended Micronics Model AH-1 Air Hammer makes cloth installation simple and limits arm fatigue for press operators. The air hammer is palm sized, safe and lightweight at only 2 lbs.
Our filtration experts are happy to assist you in selecting the appropriate cloth/plate for your filter press, whatever the make/model.
Contact us to learn more about our expertise in optimizing your dewatering operations.
- July Maintenance Tip of the Month: Safeguard Workers by Following Lock-Out/Tag-Out Procedures to the Letter in Your Press Operations
- Filter Press Solutions for Coal Ash Pond Remediation
- June Maintenance Tip of the Month: Focus on Automatic Filter Cloth Washing Systems
- May Maintenance Tip of the Month: Focus on Filter Plate Maintenance
- Filter Plate Solutions: The Importance of Partnering with a Total Engineered Filtration Solutions Provider
- Earth Day 2021: Micronics’ Daily Contributions to the Planet
- March Maintenance Tip Of The Month: Inspect Your Press’s Limit And Proximity Switches – And All Electronic Switches – Regularly For Ensuring Optimal Filter Press Up-Time
Contact Our Experts
Micronics Is Your Trusted Partner for Total Engineered Filtration Solutions. We offer end-to-end solutions from Filter Media to Industry-Leading Equipment to Spare Parts & Accessories to On-Site and Remote Services. Whether for Your Filter Press operation or your Baghouse, you can count on Micronics’ deep industry and applications knowledge for the right engineered filtration solution to meet your needs. We look forward to working with your team.