Micronics, Inc. offers a wide selection of filter press plates which – together with proper filter cloth selection and filter press specifications – can provide optimized dewatering for a variety of industries and applications. When faster filter press cycle time is desired, the choice of filter plates can play an important role.
Filter packs can be configured in a variety of ways including full recessed packs as well as full membrane squeeze packs consisting solely of membrane filter plates. Membrane filter plates – also known as diaphragm filter plates – feature flexible drainage surfaces with a chamber below the drainage surface that may be inflated to exert additional pressure on the filter cake. Water pressure is the commonly used method for inflation, and the pressure is generated by pumping water into the squeeze cavity to inflate the face of the filter plate against the filter cake. Compressed air may also be used for the squeezing although working with water is typically a safer alternative.
Membrane plates usually operate at a feed pressure of up to 7 bar and squeeze pressure up to 15 bar. Special plates can be designed to accept higher feed and squeeze pressures.
Membrane Filter Plates Advantages:
- Dryer Filter Cake
- Faster Cycle Times
- Efficient Cake Washing
- Increased Production Rates
Mixed pack membrane filter plates are a configuration in which one recessed (chamber) filter plate is alternated with one membrane plate in the filter press plate pack. Use of these mixed packs – where the diaphragm (membrane squeeze) plates alternate with the recessed plates – not only delivers reduced cake moisture because of the added squeeze but also cost-savings in overall plate pack costs vs. the full membrane squeeze pack design. In most applications, the same process improvements can be realized with a “mixed pack” membrane filter plate system at 30-40% lower costs as compared to an all membrane plate system.
Two types of membrane squeeze plate designs are typically used, fixed membranes and replaceable membranes. With the replaceable membrane, only the membrane bladder is changed not the full plate. There are also other design options including either center feed or corner feed. Micronics’ filtration specialists can work on selection of just the right filter plate materials of construction and configuration for your particular application and for your production goals.
Contact us to discuss whether mixed pack membrane filter plates and associated options such as membrane squeeze water skids are suitable for your installation.
- March Maintenance Tip Of The Month: Inspect Your Press’s Limit And Proximity Switches – And All Electronic Switches – Regularly For Ensuring Optimal Filter Press Up-Time
- The Micronics Engineered Filtration Group Launches New Website
- February Maintenance Tip of the Month: Ensure the Quality of Your Filter Press’ Air Supply for Optimal Press and Component Performance
- January Maintenance Tip of the Month: Maintain Good Housekeeping Practices and Perform Regularly Scheduled Cleaning for the Superb Performance of Your Filter Press
- Leadership Perspectives – Chris Cummins, CEO, December 2020
- Filter Press Retrofits and Parts for Filter Presses from All OEM Manufacturers
- December Monthly Maintenance Tip: Perform Checks of Safety Equipment, Hydraulic Fluids and Cloth Daily
Contact Our Experts
Micronics Is Your Trusted Partner for Total Engineered Filtration Solutions. We offer end-to-end solutions from Filter Media to Industry-Leading Equipment to Spare Parts & Accessories to On-Site and Remote Services. Whether for Your Filter Press operation or your Baghouse, you can count on Micronics’ deep industry and applications knowledge for the right engineered filtration solution to meet your needs. We look forward to working with your team.