Micronics is a proven leader in Mining Filter Cloth for a host of mining, mineral processing & metallurgy applications, including but not limited to processing of high-value metals.
Interested in High-Quality Mining Filter Press Cloth?
Home > Interested in High-Quality Mining Filter Press Cloth?
Micronics is a proven leader in Mining Filter Cloth for a host of mining, mineral processing & metallurgy applications, including but not limited to processing of high-value metals such as:
- Rare earths
- And more
A recent report from the World Bank indicated that the production of minerals could increase by 500% by 2050 to meet the growing demand for clean energy tech such as will be deployed in energy storage, wind, solar, and geothermal power.
Micronics has a host of mining filter press cloth solutions and as the needs of the industry evolve, we will continue to innovate and provide engineered filtration solutions that address changing orebodies, locations, and increasingly demanding mining productivity requirements.
Nylon Filter Cloth
In 2020, Micronics innovated with the introduction of a heavy-weight Nylon Filter Cloth, MINE-XLL™. Read our blog about the superior performance of our new nylon filter cloth in rigorous test trials at numerous mine sites. MINE-XLL™ achieved over 10,000 cycles in some mines, up from the typical 1500-3000 cycles achieved with typical felted polypropylene filter cloth, including our own. With Micronics’ nylon filter cloth clients are experiencing:
- 3x the cloth life, when compared to traditional PP felted mining filter cloth
- Reduction in maintenance costs associated with the longer number of cycles between cloth changeouts
- Increased abrasion resistance
- Increased production output
- Better cake release
- Significant increase in filter press up-time
- Lower documented cake moisture for lower hauling costs
Felted Polypropylene Filter Cloth
Micronics’ superior quality polypropylene felted filter cloth is shown here at work in a demanding large-scale Latin American LASTA filter press operation for dewatering mine tailings. Dry stacked tailings management is an important tool for water conservation.
Our felted cloths are competitively priced to help keep cloth change-out costs down. Micronics’ robust, high-quality filter cloths are ideally suited to mining slurries with demanding 24/7 operation.
Woven Mining Filter Cloth
Micronics offers a range of woven, high thread count polypropylene monofilament and multifilament solutions for the demands of the mining industry. Our team works closely with our mining clients to optimize material selection, depending upon the specific mining application including:
- Dewatering Mine Tailings for “dry stacking”
- Dewatering Mineral Concentrates
- The Merrill-Crowe process for gold recovery
Solutions for Abrasion and High-Velocity Slurries
Micronics offers Filter Cloth designed with our patented, welded “HPR” rubber feed necks, which are:
- Abrasion-resistant for longer cloth life
- Designed to minimize product loss at the neck &
- Excellent for extremely high velocity mining slurries
Did you know that Micronics custom-manufactures top-quality replacement cloths for all makes and models of Mining Filter Presses and we will custom-design fabrics to meet the specific production goals for your mine?
We are particularly expert at manufacturing Mining Filter Cloth for 2.0m x 2.0m filter presses and 2.5m x 2.5m filter presses!
And, unlike other suppliers, Micronics has TWO state-of-the-art North American facilities for filter media production to ensure you always have high-quality mining cloth when you need it!
Contact us to request a quote today for mining filter cloth for your mining operation. We look forward to discussing your specific mining filter projects throughout the world.
Micronics has been fully operational during the COVD-19 pandemic and we are here to meet your mine’s needs whether for filter cloth, presses, mining filter plates, replacement parts, or on-site service assistance.
- Micronics’ CEO, Chris Cummins, Is Featured On “Manufacturing Excellence” Podcast
- Micronics Supports Sugar Beet Processing with Leading Pressure Filtration Products & Services
- 10, 8, 6, 4 & 2 Cubic-Foot Filter Presses in Stock and Ready-to-Ship from Micronics’ Advanced Technology Center in Chattanooga, TN, USA
- Drainage Belting: Our Quantifiable Difference…as Shown through Mark-10 Testing
- Which Type of Vacuum Filter is Best for my Application?
- Diagnosing Six Types of Bag and Cage Damage in Your Pulse-Jet Dust Collector
- Micronics Welcomes Jeremy Borgman as Its New Director of Business Development – Field Services
Contact Our Experts
Micronics Is Your Trusted Partner for Total Engineered Filtration Solutions. We offer end-to-end solutions from Filter Media to Industry-Leading Filtration Equipment, to Spare Parts & Accessories, to On-Site Field Services and In-House Laboratory Services. Whether for your Filter Press, Belt Press, Leaf Filter, Vacuum Filter, or Baghouse, you can count on Micronics’ deep industry and applications knowledge for the right engineered filtration solution to meet your needs. We look forward to working with your team.