Polypropylene (PP) filter cloth is used extensively in a host of liquid-solid separation applications, but all polypropylene filter cloth is not created equal. In general, filter cloths vary extensively in terms of material, warp, weft, weave, finish, and feed neck. Polypropylene cloth is no exception.
Is Polypropylene Filter Cloth Right for My Application?
Home > Is Polypropylene Filter Cloth Right for My Application?
Textiles have a language all their own with terminology such as “weft,” a term that is also commonly referred to as “the fill” or the “filling yarn.” For instance, a cloth description of “polypropylene mono/multi” would refer to a cloth with a monofilament warp and a multifilament weft.
Polypropylene Filter Cloth Specifications
So, why might you want to select a polypropylene filter cloth for your filter press needs? Here are just a few reasons:
- Allows for excellent cake release, particularly if the cloth utilizes a “satin weave”
- Excellent resistance to alkalis
- Excellent resistance to most acids, with the exception of chlorosulfonic acid
- Very low or no moisture absorption
- Excellent strength and the cloth maintains its strength even after repeated flexing
- Light in weight with a specific gravity of 0.91
- We can supply it to you in different warps/wefts including monofilament/monofilament, monofilament/multifilament, and different weaves including plain, twill, and satin
- Not attacked by mildew
- Good for temperatures up to ~180o F
Is PP Right for My Application?
Polypropylene filter cloth is a popular choice in a wide range of industries including chemical manufacturing, pigments & dyes, mining, sugar processing, metal hydroxide sludge, and wastewater treatment.
You will want to work closely with the Micronics team to ensure that you are choosing a filter cloth with just the right specifications for your application including weight, thread count, permeability, etc.
All polypropylene filter cloth is not created equal, but we will help you navigate the cloth selection process. Don’t worry – you won’t have to become a textile expert! We’ll take care of the details so you can focus on meeting your operational objectives.
- Corrosion Prevention in Your Filter Press Operation
- July Maintenance Tip of the Month: Safeguard Workers by Following Lock-Out/Tag-Out Procedures to the Letter in Your Press Operations
- Filter Press Solutions for Coal Ash Pond Remediation
- June Maintenance Tip of the Month: Focus on Automatic Filter Cloth Washing Systems
- May Maintenance Tip of the Month: Focus on Filter Plate Maintenance
- Filter Plate Solutions: The Importance of Partnering with a Total Engineered Filtration Solutions Provider
- Earth Day 2021: Micronics’ Daily Contributions to the Planet
Contact Our Experts
Micronics Is Your Trusted Partner for Total Engineered Filtration Solutions. We offer end-to-end solutions from Filter Media to Industry-Leading Equipment to Spare Parts & Accessories to On-Site and Remote Services. Whether for Your Filter Press operation or your Baghouse, you can count on Micronics’ deep industry and applications knowledge for the right engineered filtration solution to meet your needs. We look forward to working with your team.