Every detail makes a difference in Filter Press engineering. Material selection is a key parameter in providing you with a robust filter press design and Micronics has a keen understanding of materials of construction design considerations.
Materials of Construction and Filter Presses: Optimizing Press Designs for Your Slurry Needs
Home > Materials of Construction and Filter Presses: Optimizing Press Designs for Your Slurry Needs
Designing for Your Slurry
When you work with Micronics, you can be assured that the design and building of your filter press will be well-suited to your slurry. You don’t have to be a Materials Engineering expert, but we do!
The chemistry of the slurry being dewatered is a major factor in piping materials selection for your new filter press. The piping must be strong enough to ensure resistance to corrosive materials or high temperature slurry materials. Micronics carefully analyzes the chemical make-up and pH of the slurry and your operating conditions to determine the most appropriate piping for your press project.
PVC plastic piping is the “typical standard” but we have extensive experience in chlorinated polyvinyl chloride (CPVC) plastic-lined piping and 316L grade Stainless Steel. While some companies will use 304 stainless steel, we believe that 316L grade stainless steel provides superior corrosion resistance. Micronics works with each customer to select the best material for their application.
Micronics is also experienced in Titanium piping. Titanium is often the material of choice in chemical processing applications due to titanium’s exceptional corrosion resistance.
This can be a very cost-effective choice when you consider the value of corrosion avoidance in your application. In addition to being resistant to uniform corrosion attack, it is also resilient to stress corrosion and pitting corrosion attacks.
Superior Micronics Design Avoids Pitfalls
When it comes to materials of construction, here are some big differences between Micronics Filter Presses and competitors’ Filter Presses:
- Micronics’ slurry feed and filtrate pipe connections can be 100% sealed using applicable welding processes
- Micronics’ feed and discharge Slurry Liner Pipes can also be enclosed by internal steel tubes to restrict liquid intrusions into the interior of the feedhead fabrication. In contrast, many competitors use connections which are prone to leaking due to pipe stresses and misalignment over time.
- Micronics customers also have the option to have the feed and discharge pipes lined with alternative materials such as Polyethylene, Polypropylene, PTFE, and PVDF.
Stainless Steel and Food-Grade Presses
Micronics offers Filter Presses which can be designed and manufactured to Food-Grade specifications, if that is your requirement.
Read more about Micronics’ Stainless Steel filter press expertise here. We make presses entirely clad in high-quality Stainless Steel.
Benefit from the technical advantages of Micronics’ filter press designs to ensure efficient, cost-effective press operations.
Contact us to benefit from our filtration equipment advantages. We are committed to your success.
- Micronics Dry Filtration Solutions For A Cleaner Environment, Contributing to More Sustainable Cities and Communities
- Planning for An Upcoming Outage? Turn to Trusted Baghouse Solutions Partner, Micronics
- Micronics Filter Media Solutions for Dealing with Supply Chain Uncertainty
- Corrosion Prevention in Your Filter Press Operation
- July Maintenance Tip of the Month: Safeguard Workers by Following Lock-Out/Tag-Out Procedures to the Letter in Your Press Operations
- Filter Press Solutions for Coal Ash Pond Remediation
- June Maintenance Tip of the Month: Focus on Automatic Filter Cloth Washing Systems
Contact Our Experts
Micronics Is Your Trusted Partner for Total Engineered Filtration Solutions. We offer end-to-end solutions from Filter Media to Industry-Leading Equipment to Spare Parts & Accessories to On-Site and Remote Services. Whether for Your Filter Press operation or your Baghouse, you can count on Micronics’ deep industry and applications knowledge for the right engineered filtration solution to meet your needs. We look forward to working with your team.