Thinking about undertaking a major capital investment project to upgrade your baghouse operation? Sometimes, changing the design of your baghouse can provide dramatic improvements to the efficiency of your baghouse operation without the need to replace all of the equipment.
For instance, updating your system from a mechanical shaker baghouse or reverse-air dust collector to a pulse-jet dust collector may deliver benefits like improved collection efficiency, increased filter bag life and reduced operating costs.
We can design, fabricate and install a clean-air plenum and tube sheet assembly (also referred to as an Arrangement I Collector) to mount on any structurally-sound housing.
Converting your existing baghouse equipment can typically be done for around half the cost of replacing it. When we convert/upgrade your existing baghouse equipment, we will typically leave the inlet piping, electrical cabling, and foundations intact resulting in substantial cost-savings over greenfield installations. A properly executed and well-organized rebuild can also minimize plant downtime vs. new system installations.
Materials of construction is another key consideration. Baghouses fabricated from carbon steel will degrade. It is not a question of if they will degrade but when. A rule of thumb is that a carbon steel baghouse typically has a lifetime of 8-10 years.
The Micronics Engineered Filtration Group has the complex steel repair and fabrication capabilities in-house for rebuilding or replacing key air pollution control equipment including but not limited to:
- Vertical walls
- Tube sheets (Floors)
- Pulse header walls
- Structural support steel
Prior to undertaking any major capital investment, a complete baghouse inspection from trained and certified baghouse professionals is absolutely necessary. This is vital to ensuring that your CAPEX budget is spent wisely on the improvements which will support your business objectives and provide consistent pollution control performance. The Micronics Engineered Filtration team is an expert in these evaluations!
Contact us to determine if it is a good time to consider a baghouse rebuild, upgrade, or conversion. When it comes to Air Pollution Control projects, the Micronics Engineered Filtration Group will help you to ensure that your rebuild, upgrade or conversion project is superbly executed.
- March Maintenance Tip Of The Month: Inspect Your Press’s Limit And Proximity Switches – And All Electronic Switches – Regularly For Ensuring Optimal Filter Press Up-Time
- The Micronics Engineered Filtration Group Launches New Website
- February Maintenance Tip of the Month: Ensure the Quality of Your Filter Press’ Air Supply for Optimal Press and Component Performance
- January Maintenance Tip of the Month: Maintain Good Housekeeping Practices and Perform Regularly Scheduled Cleaning for the Superb Performance of Your Filter Press
- Leadership Perspectives – Chris Cummins, CEO, December 2020
- Filter Press Retrofits and Parts for Filter Presses from All OEM Manufacturers
- December Monthly Maintenance Tip: Perform Checks of Safety Equipment, Hydraulic Fluids and Cloth Daily
Contact Our Experts
Micronics Is Your Trusted Partner for Total Engineered Filtration Solutions. We offer end-to-end solutions from Filter Media to Industry-Leading Equipment to Spare Parts & Accessories to On-Site and Remote Services. Whether for Your Filter Press operation or your Baghouse, you can count on Micronics’ deep industry and applications knowledge for the right engineered filtration solution to meet your needs. We look forward to working with your team.