Capital costs and budgetary considerations on your mind as we wind down with the fourth quarter and start planning for the new year’s capital expenditures? Selecting the right filter press, the right filter press manufacturer, and ensuring that the installation, start-up and ongoing operation go smoothly can be a difficult task.
How Can I Ensure That I Am Getting the Right Size Filter Press for My Operation’s Needs?
Home > How Can I Ensure That I Am Getting the Right Size Filter Press for My Operation’s Needs?
Micronics’ goal in working with our customers is to help you with the right cloth, the right filter press size and specifications, and the right plate selection for your unique process and operating conditions.
Here are some considerations to help you in getting started on a filter press project.
- When you are thinking about what filter press your facility needs, knowledge of filter cloth really matters! We believe that expertise in both filter cloth & filter presses is far superior to each singularly. Micronics’ superior knowledge of textiles, long-standing filter cloth manufacturing expertise and our extensive database of many, many applications served – from chemical manufacturing to wastewater treatment to pigments to mining – will help to ensure the best cloth to produce excellent filtrate clarity, excellent cake release without the need for scraping, and superb resistance to blinding. These are all foundational to your facility’s filter press operation.
- When you talk to a filter press manufacturer, be prepared to tell us about your slurry’s composition, pH, and temperature, which will all factor into plate selection, cloth selection, and press materials of construction. The solids percentage by weight along with the specific gravity of the slurry are also very important considerations. So are the number of gallons of slurry that need to be dewatered each day.
- Tell us about how many hours per day the press will need to be operating. We will work with you to optimize the solids output, given your operating constraints. For example, will reduction in feed time produce a cake that is “good enough” and help you achieve your targeted solids collection each day? Or is a slightly longer feed time necessary to achieve the desired cake moisture level and dry solids per day? All of these factors have a substantial impact on filter press sizing.
- Testing is a good idea when embarking on a capital investment in a filter press for meeting your dewatering needs. Testing allows you to vary the feed times, change cloth, and explore a range of other process variables to improve filtrate clarity and improve cake moisture levels, always with cognizance of your economics and operating constraints. Ask us about our cost-effective pilot testing options to help you size the best filter press for your operation.
Don’t settle for a generic, commodity approach to filter press sizing. A filter press capital investment is not insignificant yet with Micronics’ capable, friendly expertise and partnership, we will be able to help you achieve optimum filtration results.
We’ll be able to help you determine whether membrane squeeze or a recessed CGR press is a better option and we will be assist you in selecting the right filter cloth for your operating conditions and objectives. It all works in tandem and that’s why you need the expertise that comes with a full-service, highly-experienced filter press and filter cloth manufacturer.
Contact us today or call us at 866.481.3694 and tell us the details of your dewatering project. Let Micronics help you in optimizing your filtration results.
- Micronics Launches Single, Consolidated, Multilingual Website
- Selecting the Proper Filter Cloth
- Rotary Vacuum Drum Filter Basics
- Rotary Vacuum Disc Filter Basics
- Stop Leaks in Your Dust Collector & Recover Costs
- Pressure Leaf Filter Basics
- Four Things to Consider When Purchasing Filtration Equipment for Liquid-Solid Separation
Contact Our Experts
Micronics Is Your Trusted Partner for Total Engineered Filtration Solutions. We offer end-to-end solutions from Filter Media to Industry-Leading Filtration Equipment, to Spare Parts & Accessories, to On-Site Field Services and In-House Laboratory Services. Whether for your Filter Press, Belt Press, Leaf Filter, Vacuum Filter, or Baghouse, you can count on Micronics’ deep industry and applications knowledge for the right engineered filtration solution to meet your needs. We look forward to working with your team.