The Micronics Engineered Filtration Group, headquartered in Chattanooga, TN, is ideally located and suited to serve the Kaolin Clay industry. We design and produce baghouse filter bags in a wide variety of fabrics and finishes in state-of-the-art automated manufacturing facilities running multiple shifts per day. We routinely manufacture both low-temperature and high-temperature filter bags to meet diverse needs including both calciner baghouses and spray dryer baghouses.
Customized Baghouse Solutions for the Kaolin Clay Industry
Home > Customized Baghouse Solutions for the Kaolin Clay Industry
Kaolin – or china clay – is a white, hydrated aluminum silicate and it is one of Georgia’s largest natural resources. This clay material is alternately referred to affectionately as “white gold.” In fact, Georgia is by far the leading kaolin clay-producing state in the US and is recognized as a world leader in the mining, production, processing, and application of kaolin products. Kaolin is used in the paper industry, consumer packaging, ceramics industry, the construction & building materials industry, for filling rubber, in paints, inks, cosmetics, and other applications.
According to the U.S. Geological Survey, more than 8 million metric tons of kaolin are mined from Georgia each year, with an estimated value of more than $1 billion.
Kaolin has naturally fine particles which means that dust collection is critical for air pollution control, air quality, and ensuring the health & safety of personnel involved in kaolin processing. Exposure to kaolin dust may cause mucous membrane & respiratory irritation, a sore throat, nasal congestion, and lung damage.
The Micronics Engineered Filtration Group, headquartered in Chattanooga, TN, is ideally located and suited to serve the Kaolin Clay industry. We design and produce baghouse filter bags in a wide variety of fabrics and finishes in state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities running multiple shifts per day. We routinely manufacture both low-temperature and high-temperature filter bags to meet diverse needs including both calciner baghouses and spray dryer baghouses.
Micronics – and trusted brand SFM – has a long history of supplying high-quality filter bags for the Kaolin Industry. SFM – as part of the Micronics Engineered Filtration Group – has additional resources including engineered baghouse solutions and field service capabilities, providing even deeper support to our partners in the Kaolin Industry. With these additional capabilities, we believe the Micronics Engineered Filtration Group is uniquely positioned to provide customized solutions for the Kaolin market.
“We look forward to expanding our product offerings to provide the industry with the best combination of customized filter bag solutions and field service capabilities, ensuring kaolin producers’ baghouse systems are optimally performing,” according to Jason Wettstaedt, Senior Vice President of Sales, Micronics Engineered Filtration Group.
Innovation in Pulse-Jet Dust Collector Bags to Meet Kaolin Clay Industry’s Needs
We realize that there is no one-size-fits-all material for filter bags for the industry. Here are some examples of our product range and solutions.
- Materials ranging from polyester for lower temperatures to aramids, acrylics, PPS/Ryton® and other materials for higher temperatures.
- Hydroentangled bag filters for longer bag life, reduced emissions, and lower energy consumption in many instances.
- Innovative filter bag construction suited to your particular requirements. For instance, when Kaolin Clay producers experienced fabric deterioration due to chemicals, we analyzed the problem and innovated to supply top-load pulse-jet filter bags with a novel, custom cuff design, resulting in much longer bag lifetime and superior baghouse performance.
- Chemical-resistant threads, suited to the particular needs of the Kaolin Clay Industry.
- Inventory management programs that ensure you have the necessary bags in stock should there be an unanticipated excursion.
Finishes and Treatments suited to the Kaolin Industry’s needs
- singed – to improve dust cake release
- oleophobic to aid in resistance to water and oils
- ePTFE membrane for improved collection efficiency and dust cake release
Bottom line: You can trust the Micronics Engineered Filtration Group’s experts to provide you with the best filter bags for your plant’s needs.
One-Stop-Shop for Filter Media, Cages, Service & Spare Parts
The Micronics Engineered Filtration Group can supply high-quality filter media from its Chattanooga plant and we can also provide you with a full range of baghouse maintenance and repair services. Our team can provide you with:
- filter bag changeouts
- replacement of cages
- baghouse inspections
- baghouse cleaning
- preventative maintenance
- mechanical repairs
- and more
Micronics Manufactures Industry-Leading Filter Press Cloth for the Mining Sector
Kaolin Industry companies can also depend on Micronics for filter press cloth for your kaolin clay filter presses. You can enjoy the same excellent quality and superior lead-times as for our dust collector filter bags, all manufactured for Georgia kaolin clay producers in our Chattanooga facility. Micronics is an expert in press filter cloth for many sectors of the mining & mineral processing industries including for metallic mineral concentrates (gold, silver, zinc, copper, lead, nickel, etc.), mine tailings, Merrill-Crowe, aggregates, coal washing, rare earths, lithium, and more.
Contact us for the Kaolin Industry’s filtration needs and you will receive deep filtration expertise, friendly customer service, and a reassuring ear. Whether for helping you out in a pinch, for building routine preventative maintenance programs for your baghouses, or for filter press cloth for your kaolin clay filter presses, Micronics is a trusted partner.
- March Maintenance Tip Of The Month: Inspect Your Press’s Limit And Proximity Switches – And All Electronic Switches – Regularly For Ensuring Optimal Filter Press Up-Time
- The Micronics Engineered Filtration Group Launches New Website
- February Maintenance Tip of the Month: Ensure the Quality of Your Filter Press’ Air Supply for Optimal Press and Component Performance
- January Maintenance Tip of the Month: Maintain Good Housekeeping Practices and Perform Regularly Scheduled Cleaning for the Superb Performance of Your Filter Press
- Leadership Perspectives – Chris Cummins, CEO, December 2020
- Filter Press Retrofits and Parts for Filter Presses from All OEM Manufacturers
- December Monthly Maintenance Tip: Perform Checks of Safety Equipment, Hydraulic Fluids and Cloth Daily
Contact Our Experts
Micronics Is Your Trusted Partner for Total Engineered Filtration Solutions. We offer end-to-end solutions from Filter Media to Industry-Leading Equipment to Spare Parts & Accessories to On-Site and Remote Services. Whether for Your Filter Press operation or your Baghouse, you can count on Micronics’ deep industry and applications knowledge for the right engineered filtration solution to meet your needs. We look forward to working with your team.