Did You Know…To prolong the life of your Filter Press Cloth, Micronics offers a Filter Press Fully Automatic Filter Cloth Washer. Micronics’ low profile Automatic Cloth Washing Machine allows the filter cloth/plates to be quickly and efficiently washed on a regular basis yet without time-consuming, operator-intensive manual cleaning efforts, a real productivity & efficiency boost for today’s demanding filter press operations.
June Maintenance Tip of the Month: Focus on Automatic Filter Cloth Washing Systems
Home > June Maintenance Tip of the Month: Focus on Automatic Filter Cloth Washing Systems
Micronics’ high-pressure Pantograph-type Filter Cloth Washer is low profile, press-mounted, hydraulically driven, and self-positioning and is designed to automatically provide regular cleaning of the filter press cloth, prolonging your cloth’s life. The Micronics Automatic Filter Cloth Washer uses a series of high-pressure water jets – overlapping each other – to form a continuous sheet of high-velocity water spray to effectively and efficiently wash your filter press cloth.
Not only does the Automatic Cloth Washer extend the life of the filter press cloth but it also allows for keeping the plate’s sealing surfaces clean, something we discussed in our May Maintenance Tip of the Month.
Benefit from Micronics Low-Profile Automatic Cloth Washer Design for Both New Press Equipment and Retrofits
The Micronics Automatic Cloth Washer can be supplied as an option for new filter presses or retrofit to an existing filter press, whether a Micronics brand filter press or that of another OEM press manufacturer.
How Is Micronics’ Cloth Washer Better?
Micronics’ Automatic Cloth Washing System employs fewer moving parts than other washer models on the market. Fewer moving parts mean less opportunity for press system downtime. In addition, all parts in “the wash zone” are made of stainless steel and UHME-PE for durability and reliability. Micronics’ Automatic Cloth Washing System is equipped with 34 nozzles that spray all the way to the edges of the filter plates so as to optimize the expedient removal of the filter cake. The low profile of Micronics’ Automatic Filter Cloth Washer allows us to install it in tight spaces, a particularly nice feature vs. competitive offerings.
Maintenance Tips for Your Press & Automatic Filter Cloth Washer
As with any industrial equipment, proper press maintenance is important for limiting filter press downtime. Micronics recommends that the Automatic Cloth Washer be inspected before each usage, typically once a week, and not less than once a month. During your inspections, ensure that:
- All spray nozzles are free of debris, nozzle caps are tight, and ensure the nozzles are adjusted for complete filter cloth/plate coverage.
- Guards in place and fully functional.
- Limit switches, bump switches, and proximity switches are in place and functioning properly.
- All hydraulic and water connections are tight with no leaking.
- All hydraulic and water hoses are in good shape with no chafing, bulging, or excessive wear.
- All electrical cables are in good shape with no chafing, cracking, or excessive wear.
- Chain tensions are properly adjusted.
- Bearings and sprockets are in good working condition.
Turn to Micronics for All the Spare Parts for Your Automatic Cloth Washer
Did your inspection show that parts need replacing? Here is a convenient list of Part Numbers to ensure that your Automatic Cloth Washer is in tip-top shape and you are prolonging the life of your filter press cloth. Contact Us for all your press spare parts needs.
|Part #||Part Description|
|010046||Nozzle, Washer 1/4″Npt 65 Deg Sst Flat Spray|
|021591||Limit Switch, Momentary, Corrosion Resistant, Sealed, W/ 16 Ft Molded Cable|
|004773||Shaft / Hub Locking Device For 1 1/2″ Diameter Shaft|
|005611||Jackshaft End Sprocket|
|020972||Bearing, Two Bolt, Swezlok, 1 1/2″ Shaft|
|020982||Idler, Drive End, UHMW|
|021344||Sprocket, 15 Tooth, ANSI # 60, 1″ Bore W/ Std Keyway|
|021087||Roller Chain Idler Sprocket Steel W/Ball Bearing, For #60 Chain, 15 Teeth, 5/8″Bore|
|008975||Nylon Energy Chain for Washer|
|020584||Roller, Wash Wand, Pantograph Washer|
|020871||Sensor, Proximity, Inductive, N.O., 50mm Range, 3-Wire Dc Pnp|
|021419||SAE 841 Bronze Flanged-Sleeve Bearing for 3/4″ Shaft Diam, 1″ OD, 5/8″ L, 1-1/4″ Flange OD|
Learn More: Watch in-action Filter Cloth Washing Video – both in English and in Spanish – located on our Video Resources page.
Contact Us and talk with our filtration experts to learn more about whether an Automatic Filter Cloth Washing System can improve your filter press operations, improve your productivity, and extend your filter cloth life. And, of course, should your filter cloth need replacing, please ensure that you are keeping up with your replacement filter press cloth stock inventory. Our team is happy to help you with all your filter cloth, plates, parts, service, new equipment & retrofit solution needs.
- July Maintenance Tip of the Month: Safeguard Workers by Following Lock-Out/Tag-Out Procedures to the Letter in Your Press Operations
- Filter Press Solutions for Coal Ash Pond Remediation
- June Maintenance Tip of the Month: Focus on Automatic Filter Cloth Washing Systems
- May Maintenance Tip of the Month: Focus on Filter Plate Maintenance
- Filter Plate Solutions: The Importance of Partnering with a Total Engineered Filtration Solutions Provider
- Earth Day 2021: Micronics’ Daily Contributions to the Planet
- March Maintenance Tip Of The Month: Inspect Your Press’s Limit And Proximity Switches – And All Electronic Switches – Regularly For Ensuring Optimal Filter Press Up-Time
Contact Our Experts
Micronics Is Your Trusted Partner for Total Engineered Filtration Solutions. We offer end-to-end solutions from Filter Media to Industry-Leading Equipment to Spare Parts & Accessories to On-Site and Remote Services. Whether for Your Filter Press operation or your Baghouse, you can count on Micronics’ deep industry and applications knowledge for the right engineered filtration solution to meet your needs. We look forward to working with your team.